Friday, January 3, 2014

A small introduction

Hello there !

I have been thinking about starting blogging again recently, but didn't know what to write about. Since i noticed that a lot of foreigners kept an eye on my recent blog - about my month in Denmark - i have decided to start blogging in english, so that more people could join me on my mind trip to Spain :)

I am a nineteen, soon to be a twenty-year-old girl from Estonia, north of Europe and i have always been a fan on Spain and spanish language.

It all started when i was a little girl. Me and my aunt used to watch latin soap-operas together almost every day. I started by singing the songs. My first soap-opera song, that came from a telenovela with the same name, was called "Preciosa".

I'm sure that many people still remember that sopa-opera and that song. Unfortunately, it's not allowed for me to post the songs address in here, but you can find it easily on youtube.


Anyways, that was my first communication with the spanish language. From then on, i just watched the soap-operas and remebered the basic words, you know, such as Hola ! and Si / No . The easy stuff. But with every day i learned something new. I actually don't even know at what point i knew how to speak spanish on the level i do now ( it's on the third level of the four languages i speak : Estonian(native), english, spanish and russian(needed to survive in Estonia). I guess it was easier to start speaking spanish(castellano) with the knowledge about the english language. So, i started learning english in the second grade( i was 9 y.o.) and russian the next year. 

I actually have learned spanish a little bit. When i first had the buzz about liking spanish and Spain, i asked my aunt to borrow me her studybook called ¡Hola español! (she is also interested in the culture and language, most of all the telenovelas and the music).
I studied for a few weeks during my summer vacation and got to know some of the basic words and the word forms, such as madre(mama), padre(papa), kind of all of the basic stuff (relatives, some actions a.s.o).

Though i learned something from the book, i haven't been much of a fan in learning like that. I tend to learn the best while being in the same environment, so that's why listening to latin music and watching latin soap-operas and for now on spanish movies is the best way for me to learn spanish.


I hope you liked the first post and i will continue on giving on my experience about Spain and spanish people and all about it.

Hasta pronto !

No comments:

Post a Comment