Saturday, January 4, 2014

The people

As every person interested in Spain or Latin-America, i too have kept an eye on the behaviores and manners of latinos. As you already know, i live in Estonia and my country is known for – what i would call – stubborn people who don’t know how to properly enjoy life but search for the satisfaction in not love and family ( of course there are exceptions ), but in cheap pleasures, often alcohol and nightclubs. Not that i find that bad – certainly not, but estonians tend to overvalue these components and they often tend to find the cure for their heartache at the bottom of a glass.

In my eyes, estonians are often raised in fear, the knowledge about the past and misery. We are wanted to be a part of the system, to never leave our country unattended, and unfortunately it makes us a little more bitter and lonely.

On the other hand, latinos are known for their temperament, they have a little more personality to fight for what they want in life. Yes, many people don’t get what they have dreamed about, but that isn’t about a country of nationality, it depends on people themselves.

When i first went to the wedding of my cousin who lives in Spain, i felt that i had found a missing part of me, something that couldn’t come out with estonians. My inner spanish person. I felt alive, i danced, i spoke the little spanish i knew, i had tons of fun. I felt free.

Estonians – i see that especially in my parents - tend to be very conservative and controlled.

So , here is the first big reason why i love Spain ! J

My first trip to Spain in 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment